Monday, March 1, 2010

Today I am going to start with an ancester that has been left out by other family members because of her race. She was Sarah Ann Merchant. Thomas Merchant and Christina Lett where her parents. They were from Virginia. Sarah was from American Indian and African descent. This is why some have not done anything about her. One aunt said if she every found a picture of Sarah, she would destroy it. So sad. I am proud to know my husband and children can add African to their heritage. They have seven different nationalities in them! I have mutts! But then so am I.
Tonight I will gather everything I have on her and post it tomorrow. Sure wish I could find a picture. Maybe someone out there in Ancestry.com land can help me with that?

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get your picture. Maybe someone will stumble upon this blog, recognize the name and contact you.

    ReplyDelete